Country Series 2022
JANUARY 2022 SERIES – 4YO +. NR UP TO 59
Tamworth 11th January
Wagga 21st January
Junee 25th January
Parkes 26th January
Newcastle 28th January
Final TPM 5th February
FEBRUARY 2022 SERIES – 4YO+. NR UP TO 70.
Blayney 13th February
Goulburn 21st February
Bathurst 23rd February
Newcastle 25th February
Wagga 25th February
Final TPM 5th March
MARCH 2022 SERIES – 4YO+. NR UP TO 50
Bathurst 9th March
Young 11th March
Tamworth 17th March
Newcastle 18th March
Wagga 18th March
Final TPM 25th March
APRIL 2022 SERIES – 4YO +. NR UP TO 58
Coolamon 18th April
Parkes 20th April
Newcastle 22nd April
Wagga 29th April
Forbes 1st May
Final TPM 7th May
MAY 2022 SERIES – 4YO+. NR UP TO 52. Also no more than 1LTW
Bathurst 18th May
Tamworth 19th May
Wagga 20th May
West Wyalong 27th May
Newcastle 27th May
Final TPM 4th June
JUNE 2022 SERIES – 4YO+ NR UP TO 60
Albury 10th June
Tamworth 16th June
Cowra 19th June
Young 24th June
Newcastle 24th June
Final TPM 2nd July
Country Series Conditions 2022
For horses 4yo and older. All races will carry the base conditions of last 4 starts in NSW, trained by a registered NSW Trainer who is stabled 100km or more by shortest road distance from Club Menangle Trackside & have a stable return lodged with HRNSW 28 days prior to the close of nominations for the respective Heat. Horses may be exempt from the ‘last 4 starts in NSW’ condition only if continuously trained by a registered NSW Trainer for the previous 12 months.
- Horses must be stabled 100km or more by shortest road distance from Club Menangle.
a) The HRNSW Handicapping Panel will adjudicate on this aspect.
b) However, at the discretion of the Directors of the NSWHRC horses trained on the fringe of the 100km distance may be included, though only on application to the NSWHRC and subsequent approval by HRNSW.
- The trainer of the horse(s) which have qualified for a Final must remain as the trainer for the Final and likewise the horse must be stabled at the trainer’s registered stables up to the respective Final. Application must be made to HRNSW for any variation to this rule.
- A horse that wins a Heat or qualifies for the Final cannot compete in another Heat for that series.
- A horse that qualifies for a Final cannot compete in another other Club Menangle series run in conjunction with the series for which it has qualified.
- A horse that wins a Final cannot compete in another series for Racing Year 2022.
- The first and second placed horses in each respective Heat qualify for the respective Finals.
- If less than 5 heats are conducted or a Heat is abandoned immediately before a Final the two third placed horses from the Heats conducted next closest to the Final will qualify for the Final and so on.
- Reserves will be drawn for the Finals and will be the two third placed horses in order from the Heats conducted by date closest to the Final.
- The Unfulfilled Engagement Rule will apply with respect to the Heats. That is a horse which has a start in a Heat of the series will be the first ballot for a subsequent Heat of the series if the first Heat has not been conducted prior to acceptances for the second Heat.
- Overall race times or Mile Rates are not taken into consideration for qualification to Finals.
- The NSWHRC reserve the absolute right to alter/change the conditions of this Series without notice, with written consent from HRNSW
- No Drivers Concession Apply
- Any horse that qualifies for a Country Series Final cannot be nominated in any state for a race of lesser prizemoney that is scheduled within a period of 4 days prior to the Final.