NOVEMBER 2023 SERIES – 4YO+. NR UP TO 54.
Dubbo (B) 24th November
Bathurst (A) 29th November
Young (A) 1st December
Newcastle (A) 1st December
Final TPM 9th December
Waratah Series 2024
JANUARY 2024 SERIES – 4YO +. NR UP TO 54
Temora 13 January
Newcastle 19 January
Goulburn 22 January
Bathurst 24 January
Junee 27 January
Final TPM 3 February
FEBRUARY 2024 SERIES – 4YO+. NR UP TO 70.
Blayney 11 February
Albury 16 February
Bathurst 21 February
Tamworth 22 February
Wagga 23 February
Final TPM 2 March
MARCH 2024 SERIES – 4YO+. NR UP TO 50
Newcastle 8 March
Goulburn 11 March
Bathurst 13 March
Armidale 17 March
Final TPM 23 March
APRIL 2024 SERIES – 4YO +. NR UP TO 60
Tamworth 28 March
Parkes 5 April
Bathurst 10 April
Newcastle 12 April
Young 12 April
Final TPM 20 April
MAY 2024 SERIES – 4YO+. NR UP TO 52. Also no more than 1LTW
Tamworth 16 May
Wagga 17 May
Bathurst 22 May
West Wyalong 24 May
Newcastle 24 May
Final TPM 1 June
JUNE 2024 SERIES – 4YO+ NR UP TO 58
Young 21 June
Newcastle 21 June
Tamworth 27 June
Wagga 28 June
Final TPM 6 July
Waratah Series Conditions 2024
For horses 4yo and older. All races will carry the base conditions of last 4 starts in NSW, trained by a registered NSW Trainer who is stabled 100km or more by shortest road distance from Club Menangle Trackside & have a stable return lodged with HRNSW 28 days prior to the close of nominations for the respective Heat. Horses may be exempt from the ‘last 4 starts in NSW’ condition only if continuously trained by a registered NSW Trainer for the previous 12 months.
- Horses must be stabled 100km or more by shortest road distance from Club Menangle.
a) The HRNSW Handicapping Panel will adjudicate on this aspect.
b) However, at the discretion of the Directors of the NSWHRC horses trained on the fringe of the 100km distance may be included, though only on application to the NSWHRC and subsequent approval by HRNSW.
- The trainer of the horse(s) which have qualified for a Final must remain as the trainer for the Final and likewise the horse must be stabled at the trainer’s registered stables up to the respective Final. Application must be made to HRNSW for any variation to this rule.
- A horse that wins a Heat or qualifies for the Final cannot compete in another Heat for that series.
- A horse that qualifies for a Final cannot compete in another other Club Menangle series run in conjunction with the series for which it has qualified.
- A horse that wins a Final cannot compete in another series for Racing Year 2024.
- The first and second placed horses in each respective Heat qualify for the respective Finals.
- If less than 5 heats are conducted or a Heat is abandoned immediately before a Final the two third placed horses from the Heats conducted next closest to the Final will qualify for the Final and so on.
- Reserves will be drawn for the Finals and will be the two third placed horses in order from the Heats conducted by date closest to the Final.
- The Unfulfilled Engagement Rule will apply with respect to the Heats. That is a horse which has a start in a Heat of the series will be the first ballot for a subsequent Heat of the series if the first Heat has not been conducted prior to acceptances for the second Heat.
- Overall race times or Mile Rates are not taken into consideration for qualification to Finals.
- The NSWHRC reserve the absolute right to alter/change the conditions of this Series without notice, with written consent from HRNSW
- No Drivers Concession Apply
- Any horse that qualifies for a Waratah Series Final cannot be nominated in any state for a race of lesser prizemoney that is scheduled within a period of 4 days prior to the Final.